- RSS Channel Showcase 4592808
- RSS Channel Showcase 2378479
- RSS Channel Showcase 5481379
- RSS Channel Showcase 1180477
Articles on this Page
- 03/28/18--20:51: _Quarantine service ...
- 03/31/18--09:15: _Cassava: Stakeholde...
- 03/31/18--20:04: _More farm household...
- 03/31/18--20:12: _Wal Wanne to engage...
- 03/31/18--20:12: _Stakeholders advoca...
- 03/31/18--20:18: _BATN to partner UI ...
- 04/03/18--20:09: _‘Why Nigeria should...
- 04/07/18--18:33: _NBMA issues 7-Day u...
- 04/07/18--18:34: _Cross River to comm...
- 04/07/18--19:18: _Edo opens sales of ...
- 04/07/18--20:18: _Osun allocates farm...
- 04/07/18--20:22: _We shall return Nig...
- 04/07/18--20:33: _Why shortage of bee...
- 04/07/18--21:18: _OCP Africa launches...
- 04/08/18--05:18: _Nigeria to reduce i...
- 04/09/18--03:50: _ECOWAS to make ric...
- 04/09/18--20:53: _BOA, SunTrust Bank ...
- 04/12/18--20:30: _Oyo to partner fore...
- 04/14/18--21:09: _Helen Keller launch...
- 04/14/18--21:12: _Global Cassava Part...
- 03/28/18--20:51: Quarantine service clears air on importation using pallets
- 03/31/18--09:15: Cassava: Stakeholders collaborates on sustainable seed system
- 03/31/18--20:04: More farm households adopt improved cassava varieties
- 03/31/18--20:12: Wal Wanne to engage 250,000 farmers in Borno
- 03/31/18--20:18: BATN to partner UI on agribusiness
- 04/03/18--20:09: ‘Why Nigeria should encourage PPP model for dairy business’
- 04/07/18--18:33: NBMA issues 7-Day ultimatum to GM Seeds Importers
- 04/07/18--18:34: Cross River to commence production of rice seedlings soon
- 04/07/18--19:18: Edo opens sales of fertilizer to farmers
- 04/07/18--20:18: Osun allocates farm settlement to 500 smallholder farmers
- 04/07/18--20:33: Why shortage of beef may persist
- 04/07/18--21:18: OCP Africa launches Agribooster to boost rice production in Kebbi
- 04/08/18--05:18: Nigeria to reduce importation of wheat by 60% in 2025 – Olabanji
- 04/09/18--03:50: ECOWAS to make rice self-sufficiency by 2025
- 04/09/18--20:53: BOA, SunTrust Bank seal pact on agric banking
- 04/12/18--20:30: Oyo to partner foreign, local investors on livestock farming
Following several queries and complaints from importers, exporters and other stakeholders regarding the issue ofpackaging materials for shipping cargoes, the Nigeria Agricultural Quarantine Service (NAQS) said it has become necessary to reiterate its position, especially concerning Solid Wood Packaging Materials (SWPM) such as pallets, crates, boxes, dunnages, and, others in containerized cargoes imported into Nigeria […]
Scientists and Agricultural experts in Nigeria are currently partnering on developing a sustainable cassava seed system to solve the problem of low productivity of the crop in the country. An agric expert, Dr Hemant Nitturkar, said this on Friday, at the International Institute for Tropical Agriculture (IITA), Ibadan, during the annual meeting of the project […]
Findings by the Cassava Monitoring Survey (CMS) have shown that over 60 per cent of farm households have adopted improved cassava varieties in the country. This was revealed at the National Root Crops Research Institute (NRCRI), Umudike, Abia State, by the Tanzania-based International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) Director, Dr. Victor Manyong, on behalf of two […]
The Wal Wanne Rice Farming (WWRF) Company in Borno State said it is set to engage 250, 000 farmers this year, under the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Anchor Borrowers’ programme. Each farmer would be loaned N256, 526.60 with farm inputs to cultivate a minimum of a hectare of rice field. The Managing Director of […]
Despite success stories recorded by African countries in agriculture over the years, with Nigeria recording 300 per cent increase in cassava production; Kenya’s horticulture export growing to 10 per cent yearly; and also Ethiopian horticulture increasing by 40 per cent per year, the continent is still lagging behind, due to array of challenges. The pressing […]
The British American Tobacco Nigeria Foundation (BATN) and the University of (UI) are forging a partnership that will encourage more of its graduates into agribusiness. The deal will allow some graduates of the institution to access funds to start their own farms. Speaking about importance of food security, the Vice Chancellor of the University, Professor Abel […]
A Nigerian postgraduate student and participant at the Global Food Security Symposium, Oyewale Abioye, has told the Chicago Council on Global Affairs that Nigeria must keep up its progress in dairy agri-business by encouraging public-private partnerships. He made this submission at the just concluded Global Food Security Symposium held in Washington DC, United States where […]
The Director General/CEO of the National Biosafety Management Agency (NBMA), Dr. Rufus Ebegba has given importers of Genetically Modified Seeds (GM Seeds) a seven-day ultimatum, starting from last Friday, to formalise their dealings or risk being shut down.
Twenty-seven containers of automated rice seedlings equipment have arrived the Ayade industrial park in Calabar.The equipment, which are ready for installation include; transplanting and harvesting machines, sorter of various types, rice hullers, graders....
Edo State government has disclosed that its fertiliser company-Edo State Fertilizer and Chemical Company Limited (ESFCCL), Auchi, has produced enough fertilizer to serve its farmers and neighbouring states for the 2018-planting season.
Osun State government has commenced allocation of farmland in the new Ago-Owu Farm Settlement to 500 smallholder farmers in the state.Head, Corporate and Commercial Services, Osun Agricultural Land Holding and Development Authority, Mr. Wole Ajewole.....
President of Harvestfield Industries Limited, Martins Aderemi Awofisayo, an indigenous agro and healthcare company recently signed-in by the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA), Ibadan, for the manufacture and distribution of Aflasafe.....
The rising cost of beef, with over 25 per cent price increase in the last one-year, has forced many to seek alternatives.Despite the fact that a good number of Nigerians have cut down on beef intake, it is still beyond the reach of those who still have it as part of their menu.
OCP Africa, a global fertilizer company, has launched Agribooster programme in Kebbi State to boost the cultivation of rice and to support 4,000 smallholder farmers.
Dr Oliwasina Olabanji, the Team Leader, Wheat Value Change in Nigeria, says that Nigeria will reduce wheat importation by 60 per cent by 2025. Olabanji, who is the Executive Director, Lake Chad Research Institute, stated this on Sunday after inspection of wheat seed production farms in Ringim and Hadejia Local Government Areas of Jigawa. He […]
The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) says its rice offensive programme would make self-sufficiency in rice a reality in the sub-region by 2025.
As part of efforts at revitalising agriculture as alternative mainstay of the economy, the Bank of Agriculture (BOA) and SunTrust Bank have sealed an e-banking business agreement to such end. The agreement was signed at the Federal Ministry of Agriculture in Abuja in presence of operators in the agric sector has been described as instrumental […]
Oyo State government has reiterated its readiness to partner with more foreign and local investors to further promote large-scale livestock farming for the economic development of the state. The Secretary to the State Government, Mr. Olalekan Alli, representing Governor Abiola Ajimobi, stated this while declaring open the Nigeria Poultry and Livestock Expo held at the […]
For the next three years, 6,000 pupils, from nine schools in Ikeja Local Council Area of Lagos State, would be engaged on importance of gardening through in-school...
The Global Cassava Partnership for the 21st (GCP21) century will on Tuesday, April 17, 2018 hold a world press conference to announce the fourth International Cassava Conference...